Welcome to Youth Leadership Mobile
Early acceptance to YLM has occurred.
Interested applicants should apply. All applications should be postmarked by May 17th.
June 3, 2013 - June 5, 2013 (Residential Component)
Location: Alabama School of Mathematics and Science
If you have any questions, Contact Dr. Joel Lewis at (251) 648-3441.
Click Here to Download the Application
Youth Leadership Mobile is a program designed to identify and empower rising high school sophomores, juniors, and seniors from diverse backgrounds who have the potential and interest in becoming trustees of their community. Development of our youth through this program is an investment in Mobile's future leadership.
- To identify high school students who have leadership potential and who have concern for the betterment of the Mobile community.
- To bring together a diverse group from various social, economic, racial, and geographic backgrounds to learn about each other and the issues that confront the community.
- To increase awareness of community issues, problems, opportunities, and successes to allow participants to nurture their ideas and talents as future leaders of Mobile.
- To introduce the Youth Leadership Mobile participants to community leaders and decision makers.
- To expand and develop their leadership skills, decision making capabilities, and communication skills through hands-on experiences.
- To foster and develop an attitude of community service and participation through volunteer activities.
- To assist youth in becoming more vested in Mobile in order to develop a lifelong commitment to their community
- To guide students through the process of grassroots community development by requiring completion of an individual community project.